Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I am in a great mood today!


I visited my arch-nemesis yesterday. Peripherally. I went to visit someone else, who just had a book published (which is a collection of these comics), and my arch-nemesis was also there.

Have I told you about my new quest for positivity? It goes like this. I say, "I am in a great mood today!" Then people look at me like they don't believe me, and I have to explain why I said it. Then they laugh. At me.

So my experience with my arch-nemesis mirrors Kathy's, and I blame my new-found positivity. He doesn't have vampire fangs or speak unintelligibly or contradict everything I say. Sure, he's a quirky fellow and worked during the party (which in the past I would have said indicated his severe martyr complex), but he ain't The Devil. Or even my arch-nemesis anymore.

Cliche of the day: Time Heals All Wounds.

I am in a great mood today!

To-do list item one: Identify new arch-nemesis.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Gross, comics.

I don't want to read the Watchman. Will someone read it to me? And show me the pictures? That would be better.

Everyone should be read to at least once a month. It shouldn't just be for blind people and children.

Anonymous said...

While I agree with you about the reading-to exercise, I will not read The Watchmen to you.

Instead, I will increase its credibility: It is among Time Magazine's 100 Best Novels of the Century. It also won a Hugo Award.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia about it (Wikipedia is Never Wrong): Watchmen's deconstruction of the conventional superhero archetype, combined with its innovative adaptation of cinematic techniques and heavy use of symbolism, multi-layered dialogue, and metafiction, has influenced both comics and film.

Holy moley, that sounds like a good novel--graphic or no!

Kathryn said...

you were smart to quote that wikipedia sentence to me because when i read it earlier on wikipedia i felt like i wanted to read watchmen. then i looked at some of the pictures of it and did not want to read it again. i'll read it.

also i have no respect for awards. holy moly, awards are silly.