Thursday, October 8, 2009

Benny and Joon: Some sort of cosmic significance?

We all know Megan is totally and completely obsessed with Benny and Joon as of like a month ago, and then last weekend I was at a party where two people who don't know Megan brought it up independently, and then it was a question on Jeopardy, and then last night it was on television, and I watched it.

You are right, Megan: They are not--ahem--mentally challenged as my former young self thought, and that icky feeling I had associated with it the first time around has disappeared. So where is all this Benny and Joon coming from? What does it mean? Am I about to become schizophrenic? Or meet Aidan Quinn? Either seems possible.

4 comments:

Megan said...

whoa. this is crazy. i think benny and joon is basically the life i was meant to have, although i'm not sure if i'm joon, sam, or benny, or julianne moore's character.

Kathryn said...

omg, aidan quinn, omg

A Twilight Shadow said...

I also assumed that they were mentally challenged.

Special Agent Dale Cooper said...

You have to watch it again when you're in your early 30s, and then you will realize the truth.