Thursday, October 8, 2009

Benny and Joon: Some sort of cosmic significance?

We all know Megan is totally and completely obsessed with Benny and Joon as of like a month ago, and then last weekend I was at a party where two people who don't know Megan brought it up independently, and then it was a question on Jeopardy, and then last night it was on television, and I watched it.

You are right, Megan: They are not--ahem--mentally challenged as my former young self thought, and that icky feeling I had associated with it the first time around has disappeared. So where is all this Benny and Joon coming from? What does it mean? Am I about to become schizophrenic? Or meet Aidan Quinn? Either seems possible.

4 comments:

Megan said...

whoa. this is crazy. i think benny and joon is basically the life i was meant to have, although i'm not sure if i'm joon, sam, or benny, or julianne moore's character.

Kathryn said...

omg, aidan quinn, omg

A Twilight Shadow said...

I also assumed that they were mentally challenged.

Anonymous said...

You have to watch it again when you're in your early 30s, and then you will realize the truth.