Case in point: Mary Carillo has long been my favorite tennis commentator (except for the truly awesome John McEnroe). Her deep man-voice soothes me. Much to my glee, she is on at ten to nine (ET) every Olympics night, teaching us about China. She is...practically undescribable, but I'll try:
1. She dresses like a plainclothes nun.
2. She has the kind of sense of humor that makes you feel embarrassed while you're watching her.
3. She truly established rapport with the world's tallest man.
4. She is always only pretending to do things (like eat scorpions or cuddle with pandas).
5. She is credited with coining the phrase "Big Babe Tennis" to describe all of those massive ladies who dominate the court (that's from Wikipedia).
Also, I'm pretty sure that Bob Costas has a longterm, unrequited crush on her. I can see it in his eyes.