Monday, August 25, 2008

Let's celebrate our birthday with a new book

What shall we read next? I want something sort of frothy.

That reminds me: I recently read Gold by Dan Rhodes, which sort of falls into that category (not life-changing, but pretty good), and then I was unpacking my books and realized that I'd had Anthropology by the same Dan Rhodes on my book shelf since forever. I never read the whole thing because I thought it was boring before. But I read it last week, and it's kind of hilarious. This makes me wonder about my former self's taste.

I think we should read whatever Meghan is reading. I'm certain she's reading something weird.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

you guys are we never going to meet and talk about the ball and write him a letter? i want to write a letter to the ball. maybe i will do it on my own as a venom literati representative.

potato said...

the last thing meghan read was a biography of the band throbbing gristle. now she is just reading syllabi. poor meghan.

potato said...

oh, and meghan is reading the other megan's book! it's way better than books with covers and ISBN numbers!

Megan said...

i don't know what to say to the ball. will you tell him he is not kafka for me, please?

Megan said...

blug! syllabi! i'm also reading john cheever's "the swimmer" and "howl" for a lesson called "john cheever vs. allen ginsberg." it is the only good lesson title i've ever created. it is the only lesson title on my syllabus. i am totally in love with it.