Saturday, October 18, 2008

Illness plus lack-of-good-cable=boredness

I have a very low threshold for the flu bug. This is what I've learned about old sitcoms while ill:

Cheers totally holds up. It is still funny. So is Frasier. I think I might have a celebrity crush on Kelsey Grammer. Or is it Grammar? Not funny anymore, or perhaps ever: Coach, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, Two and a Half Men, The Honeymooners, Seventh Heaven.

Also not funny ever: Political ads. Living in a battleground state blows. All of the candidates' voices are like cheesegraters on my face.

I have a favorite HSN lady. She has enormous eyebrows and jokes inappropriately with the "real-looking" models. I don't know what her name is, though. I had a dream about her last night. I was swimming the 100 meter IM against her and the helmet-haired local news anchor with the permanently surprised expression. I totally won. I could even do the butterfly.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

what is an HSN?

potato said...

what's cable? I'm becoming a spokesperson for hulu.com. Was anyone terrified by Sarah Palin as Sarah Palin on SNL? Kathy, I'm going to Target now.

Anonymous said...

It is Home Shopping Network. It is one of my seven cable channels. Another one is QVC which is also a home shopping network, but I am not sure what the letters mean.

I have not been to Target in more than a week.

potato said...

I bought a little boy sized puffy vest at Target. Little boy size clothes are the same size as a junior's but better colors and only $10. And the pockets are real pockets. Why do women's clothes always have fake pockets?