These were the disturbing things that happened:
1. We saw a full-grown lioness fall off of the giant equivalent of a kitty condo, hitting her back on one level and then landing sprawled on her side--because the dude was in a prohibited part of the cage.
2. He petted (pet?) a cougar. Around the ears. Like it was a harmless kitten.
3. A lion growled loudly at him ("He doesn't like me."), and then we all had to walk past the clearly very angry lion that was eating a huge bloody piece of meat with nothing but chain link separating us. He lunged a couple of times at other patrons, but not at us.
4. He was always ripping sticks out of the ground and pushing them through the fencing to poke at the lions and tigers and stuff.
5. He encouraged a stalking game with a tiger that culminated in the tiger lunging at full height, with all of his weight, against the chain link fence, multiple times.
I sort of loved it.