Monday, June 9, 2008

Police Beat

I love the "Police Beat" section in "Inside," the paper that serves Chicago's North Side neighborhoods. Particularly, I love the headlines.

Here are some of my favorites from this issue:

Male nurse stabbed in face
Phone loan leads to punch in the face
Man attacks with fists, car

Oh, and the piece de resistance: Pulled-over woman with bat calls officer white devil, attacks.

Abby and I remember reading "Police Beat" when we were staying in a hostel on our first day in Chicago nine years ago. We were terrified. Now we just take super-important lessons from it, like don't leave your effing key in the safe.

3 comments:

Megan said...

what is this police beat? why don't i know about it, or this newspaper???

Anonymous said...

It's sort of below the radar. If I were staying in town, my major goal would be to become the editor of Inside. It is awesome. From it, I learned all about Shochu, which is this neat-o Japanese liquor that doesn't give you hangovers. There is a new Shochu bar (the only one of its kind) in Lakeview now.

flabby-abby1973 said...

You can pick up Inside at the Potbelly's in Lincoln square. It's FREE!!!!!!!!