Thursday, November 15, 2007

Speaking of Africa


Investigating why we haven't gotten our copies of The Revisionist, I visited the Calamari Press site. They are totally in Africa. I'm not sure if it's all of them or just the folks responsible for fulfilling orders, or what, but they have pictures of baby gorillas up on their blog. One of which is pictured here. The picture is of a baby gorilla, not of a blog.


Anyway, they'll be back from Africa in December. So I guess we have a bit of a break. I am totally happy to take a break so someone else can hang out with gorillas. I mean that.
Let's make Venom Literati Press and then go spend a month in New Zealand. Everyone will understand.

6 comments:

potato said...

My copy of the Revisionist arrived in like two days. You can borrow my copy.

Anonymous said...

Cepting I ordered 5 copies, one for all of us but you because I knew you already had it. Oh well.

potato said...

Oh well. I guess you'll have to wait until Calamari Press (which as far as I know, is just one guy, named Derek, who signs all the orders "thanks! Derek") gets back from safari. Or you could go on safari to find him. That might be a good field trip.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of field trips, seriously let's go to JJ/RR. Who's the social chair of this outfit?

Kathryn said...

that makes so much more sense now that we know that the press is just one person. because seriously, how could an entire independent press afford to up and go to africa? they publish "experimental fiction." that does not make money. this has really been bothering me.

Anonymous said...

I was choosing to be delightfully naive, and thinking that experimental fiction had somehow funded a group trip to Africa. But Kathy always stares reality in the face. Just today she told me, "Wishing doesn't make it happen." That's not what The Promise promises, Kathy. Let's all close our eyes and wish.