Monday, August 6, 2007

Alternative Career Paths II

My alternative career paths consist of pretty much everything outside of what I'm doing right now. You'll notice from my top 5 that none of them are even plausible, and that I'm pretty much fucked as far as ever having a career I'd like. But my Fantasy Top 5 are as follows:

1. Bank robber. Totally. Except I would ideally want to do this back in the day, on horseback. I'm not very interested in train robberies, though.

2. Jewel smuggler. (I'm lazy; these are my top 2 because they = lots of money and excitement, and no real work schedule. I could work, like, once a year. But then I probably wouldn't be very good at either of them.)

3. Professional athlete. Preferably tennis player or track star. But I would like to be naturally talented and not have to train very hard.

4. Writer/travel writer. Again, the natural talent thing would apply; then writing could actually be fun.

5. Ex-Pat. I understand this is not a real career, but I would happy wash dishes or clean horses' stalls in the South of France or someplace...

6. Personal assistant to James Bond. Or just a Bond Girl.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

What is an ex-pat? Last night I searched the internet for my dream job and it was not there. I am fucked.

Kathryn said...

But you will have a brilliant career as a jewel thief.

Anonymous said...

I want to be all of those things, too.

I want to be everything.