Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Life, Death, and the Toof




I know you have all been anxiously awaiting news about my teeth. For all of you who were out of town, I know your trips were made less enjoyable by your constant worrying about my wellbeing.

The update is: there is nothing really wrong with my teeth. I went to see an oral surgeon yesterday (who had REALLY BAD teeth by the way), and he said I am one of the lucky people in the universe who has enough room for her wisdom teeth. I don't have to get anything yanked.

This was kind of relieving, but on the other hand this guy was the only dental person I've ever met who seemed cool--like someone I'd want cramming his hands in my mouth. And he only does oral surgery, which I don't need. So my chances of meeting another cool dental person are now nil. This makes me sad about my dental life. The dental future looks grim.

I know Tao Lin will be disappointed by the news that my teeth are AOK, and Kathy--because she wanted to do the string-tied-to-the-doorknob thing. But the surgeon says that adult teeth sometimes move around. So maybe I will get to be one of those cool adults with braces! Or maybe I'll just get me some grills. (There are some great fucking pictures on this site! I can get 6 gold teeth for $649.00!!!)

I think I have another tooth that needs a root canal--maybe I can just get grills instead of a crown??? Diamonds are like the hardest matter on the planet, right?

6 comments:

Megan said...

that should be a grill, singular, not plural; my slang is not up to par. i love the phrase "not up to par." par is something i aspire to.

Kathryn said...

visit the no one does that blog. christian bale is filthy hot. we should see that movie.

also you should get the diamond fangs.

Anonymous said...

How appropriate that Kathy changed her picture to Snoop Dogg for this post.

Kathryn said...

i feel like snoop dogg right now. no i don't. i have never felt like snoop dogg.

Megan said...

filthy hot indeed. i wanna see that movie anyway. i heard an interview w/ werner herzog on npr that was fucking awesome...it's in the archives of, of course, fresh air...i think it played this month...wait...i'll look up the link...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11782309

i highly, highly recommend it.

Kathryn said...

i bought the watchmen. i will finish it by friday or my name isn't snoop dogg.