Wednesday, August 15, 2007

If anyone knows Alan, please tell him this letter awaits him here.

Dear Alan Moore,

You seem reclusive. You have bangin' hair. We are also reclusives with bangin' hair, which is why we would like to invite you to the next meeting of our literary collective, Venom Literati.

We will be discussing Watchmen. Also, we are totally a gang of awesome female superheroes: Subtle Sabotage, The Interruptor, The Voice, The Blade and The Lovernator.

We will throw a cream pie at you, promise and forget to pay your mobile phone bill, sing you to sleep, derail you mid-speech, and make what you suspect to be--but can't quite confirm is--a really cutting remark.

Did I mention that we're super-hot? And not just ComicCon hot. Actual hot.

If you do not show, you will spend the rest of your life fearing Awkward Silence.

Your friends,

Venom Literati

12 comments:

Kathryn said...

we sent this letter to info@avatarpress.com.

i am just recording that fact for posterity.

Sky Jack Morgan said...

you guys are really cool

Anonymous said...

I can't tell if you're making fun of us or if you mean it, Jack.

If only I could somehow make insecurity into a superpower...

Megan said...

this is the email at his fan site. we might as well send it there, too.

contact@alanmoorefansite.com

Anonymous said...

I'm on it.

Missy said...

jack morgan gave venom literati a nice mention on his blog today. i don't think he's making fun of us, i think he really does think we're cool, which is suprising, but cool.

or, rather, that you guys are cool, because i haven't written anything on our blog yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy, did you notice that you're The Blade? Remember 'cause Abby nicknamed you that that one time? Remember remember?

Also, how come La Jeune Fille isn't in VL?

I'm manic today.

Missy said...

ah yes, the blade, how could i forget? that's the coolest nickname anyone has ever given me. but i don't think anyone thought it was fitting except you guys. but that's cuz you guys really know me...i'm so "the blade."

jen may join venom literati soon, she's all crazy with school stuff, but she may read what we read next.

maybe i'll write a real post on here someday...

Sky Jack Morgan said...

I think I would have used "so" instead of "really." I also would have probably added a "like" surrounded by commas somewhere in there if I had been using sarcasm.

It would have looked like this:

you guys are, like, so cool.

Doesn't that sound a bit more sardonic?
And you guys, like, so owe me babies.

Kathryn said...

gross jack.

Megan said...

whatever kathy. you totally want babies.

Anonymous said...

If I ever accidentally have a baby I'm giving it to Kathy.