Friday, August 24, 2007

i am sad today but i still like poetry a little

i just read parcel. i like it a lot. it is edited by andrea rexilius. she writes lovely poems. my favorite poems in parcel are by caryl pagel and della watson. i especially like della's poem the islander's letter. i wish i could link to it but i can't because it's a pdf. but i like that it's a pdf because i can print it at work and go home and read it in bed. that is my new favorite thing to do.

i also just read the sixth noo journal. i don't know how to put those two little dots above the second "o." if anyone knows could you tell me? my favorite thing in that journal is the story far from the eyes of the sun by aaron hellem. i wish i could link to it but i can't because it's a pdf. but i like pdfs. we already talked about that. i also like the story i did link to when i typed "aaron hellem." i just realized my links are a kind of deception. that makes me feel bad. i will work harder in the future to link to things that i am actually talking about.

now it is time for me to go and think about my feelings. that's what you're supposed to do. you are supposed to think about your feelings. you are supposed to locate them somewhere in your body. and you are not supposed to make jokes about your feelings being in your butt.

4 comments:

Sky Jack Morgan said...

Parcel doesn't like me. They say they like me, but I know they don't.

All the poets you mentioned are women.

Did Parcel do an all-woman issue or something?

Kathryn said...

everyone likes you jack. the people that don't like you live inside your stomach. that's what my therapist tells me.

dan beachy-quick and nate pritts were also in parcel and probably some other men that i can't remember right now.

parcel just put out nate pritt's chapbook i think.

but i am going to be honest with you for one moment. i went to school with caryl pagel and della watson and andrea rexilius at the school of the art institute of chicago. they are all very pretty. and i've loved their writing for a few years now, so it didn't shock me when i liked it in parcel. i probably paid more attention to their poems for that reason.

however, i also know dan beachy-quick from the art institute and think that he is basically a god among men (i am not exagerrating) and i didn't mention him, so maybe you are on to something.

but seriously read the islander's letter. it is so good.

Sky Jack Morgan said...

I enjoyed the last Parcel, so I will read this new one when I have a few moments. I have heaps on my plate at the moment. I will read it.

Everyone does not like me.

I was kind of joking. Sometimes, when I write about a lot of guys, my friend Mumolo says that I am in some kind of boy's club or something.

I don't think there has ever been a book/issue of any poetry that is explicitly male. Men are nicer than women. We like women and want them to be in our books and journals with us. I don't think women like men and do not like them in their books and journals. Maybe they live in my stomach.

Kathryn said...

we like men. the men we like include: jack morgan, tao lin.

also i suspect that you are prodding me towards a feminist exposition of the history of literature, so i will resist!

meanwhile we are facebook friends now. i like the pictures where you are wearing a beret. you should always wear a beret.