Sunday, August 19, 2007

Meeting minutes/Q&A excerpt


Things we concluded at Friday's meeting of our literary collective:


1. Graphic novels actually take way longer to read than regular ones.

2. God has turned his back on humanity.

3. We liked the Dr. Manhattan creation chapter.

4. The chapter head font looks like Absolut Vodka ads.


And here is an excerpt of our conversation with Alan Wesley Moore:


Venom Literati: Talk to us about the role of women in your book, because it seems to us that every woman in it was a total whore.


Alan Moore: [Pouring himself three-quarters of a water glass full of wine, then settling into lawn chair] Well, it's just like R. Crumb said, and I'm paraphrasing here, but I make comic books I can masturbate to.


Venom Literati: What about race then? There were three black people in the whole book, and the woman was the whoriest woman of all. Could you speak to that?


Alan Moore: Erm. No.


Venom Literati: Okay, then, let's talk about nuclear war.


Alan Moore: [Rapidly drinks wine] I'm tired of being that Alan Moore.


End scene.


5 comments:

flabby-abby1973 said...

You forgot to mention that Dr. Manhattan is Megan's new celebrity crush and that he should be (according to her) the new James Bond. It seemed important at the time because she and Kathy were laughing about it for soooooo long that I got a little irritated. I think it was an inside joke and I think it has something to do with this blog but I haven't found it yet. I need an I-phone because I need more access to this blog. I don't work in front of a computer all day like some people.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to buy you an iPhone.

Kathryn said...

it wasn't an inside joke. it was just funny.

Megan said...

yeah it wasn't an inside joke. except that kathy knows about all of my celebrity crushes. and this one seemed...perhaps?...out of the ordinary?

it was just laughing about something stupid for way too long. which is the best kind of laughing.

Sky Jack Morgan said...

I love the excuse to buy an iphone.I am going to get an iphone now, so I can have more access to this hilarious blog.