Sunday, August 26, 2007

Travel should encalmen one.


Panicky. This is why:


1. I am preparing to go on a trip, which means that I have to concentrate on not forgetting things.


2. While I'm on my trip I will not be playing the Venom Literati game, and this makes me feel jittery.


3. I just found cold coffee in my desk drawer and drank some of it. It had milk in it. Spoiled milk?


4. I read that Aaron Hellem story, Alice in the Middle of Jumping, and I liked it extremely much and then tried to read more Aaron Hellem stories and discovered I couldn't. Because I'm bad at reading online? Because I'm already jumpy? Because I'm bad at reading, in general? Because the font wasn't large enough? Because I'd already had enough?


Abby is noisily preparing for our trip. She is doing so because she wants me to be preparing for our trip with her. That makes me feel calmer.


I like lovely/messy, too. I also like short/funny/sad(?). And secret projects. And PDFs. I almost certainly would have been able to read more Aaron Hellem stories in bed.


I like that Kathy keeps going out and finding nice things for us. I want to gather nice things, too, and present them to you like sweet broken mice. Yum yum. I will do so upon my return.


I like that I will be reading Hotel Theory while staying in a cabin, which might as well be a hotel.

5 comments:

Megan said...

that picture is scary. stop scaring me.

Kathryn said...

that picture makes me feel like a piece of rotting meat. i hate it.

Sky Jack Morgan said...

is it a picture of El Chupacabra?

Kathryn said...

hey remember when we were going to call venom literati el chupacabra literati? but then we decided that the chupacabra wouldn't look as good on a t-shirt.

jack, that is a picture of a dog/wolf/beast that they found dead in maine a few months ago. they couldn't figure out what it was. but it had murder on its breath.

Megan said...

we need to get those t-shirts rolling by the way.

i bet paris hilton would buy one.

when we make them, let's send her one and maybe we'll see her wearing it on t.v. this is another way we can become famous.

it's weird how i am not obsessed with paris in normal life, only on v-l.