Thursday, September 27, 2007

diane williams interview


Here's a link to an interview with the lovely and talented Diane Williams, my #1 literary heroine. Everyone on the planet should read her.

I like it and it also completely depresses me when she says, "I am desperate to justify why it is I am not virtuous and triumphant. There is no great enough gap to comfort me between external and internal circumstance which is why my life is fairly impossible to live."

I was excited because I thought this interview was new; now I see it is not new. Read it anyway, says Venom. There's new fiction after the interview, dumbass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I freaking love that book. I love reading it in front of businesspeople. The over-the-shoulder shock factor is awesome.

Megan said...

yep, it's a beauty. i have 2 other of her collections. most of the pieces are already in excitability, but i bought them anyway because i felt i needed to read everything. oh, also i have her newest one, romancer erector, which i don't like as well but whatev's. if you wanna borrow.