Sunday, September 9, 2007

Literature to make out with...


Making out with Jane Bowles reminded me there is a whole genre of literature with which one might like to make out. Unfortunately, much of this writing is hard to find because people are too busy making out with books whose authors are naturally talented at self-promotion. We would like to get our greasy fingerprints all over Stacey Levine’s new book, but someone needs to publish it first. Please, someone, publish Stacey Levine’s new book! Put the title in a nice sans-serif font. We will promote her with quirky You-Tube videos and websites drawn on refrigerators in dry erase marker. Publish, and publish soon, because October is our most creative month.

11 comments:

Tao Lin said...

what new book? you should read 'frances johnson' for the next book for the book club.

potato said...

Her new book is *The Kidney Problem: Tales and Stories* and it does not have a publisher yet.
Yes, Frances Johnson rules, but I would like to read The Kidney Problem now, so I'm hoping someone will publish it for purely selfish reasons.

Venom Literati said...

were you behind the curtain at zacopane? we discussed a.) reading stacy levine next and b.) miranda july's dry erase board/refrigerator website.

we also talked about how you have to start blogging. and you did.

Venom Literati said...

that was me kathy

Megan said...

yay, i love stacey levine!

potato said...

Perhaps Stacey could email us The Kidney Problem... and we can read it for our next book and write one of those book club guides to it. We should be writing book club guides to all the books we read. People are sadly lacking in direction when I don't tell them what to do. Yes, I was telepathically communicating with you all. Nice of you to notice!

potato said...

PS. Nice fangs!

* said...

I wrote alternate scenes from Frances Johnson on my blog, if that interests you. Scroll on archives.

Anonymous said...

'Frances Johnson' should be my next non-book-club book, even if it isn't official.

Venom Literati said...

sarah, you just called us a book club.

Anonymous said...

Fucken! Now I have to knock myself out.