Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Southern Accents: Hot or Not?


I would like to survey you all on a highly important matter. Do you think southern accents are hot or yucky?

I'm transcribing an interview with this southern guy who sounds sort of like Dr. Phil right now, but hotter. I can tell from his voice that he is waaay hotter. He is wearing a cowboy hat and tight blue jeans and he is super hot and I am all melty. He is not the guy in that picture.

For example: he just said: "We got to have our cake and eat it too" and it was the hottest thing ever.

I am talking real southern accents--not missourah or southern iowa or southern illinois--those are never hot. I am referring to the real south. But not the hillbilly south, if there is such a thing.

In your comments please also discuss the differences between the hillbilly southern accent and the hot/not yucky southern accent.

Survey says?

5 comments:

flabby-abby1973 said...

Did you hit your head or something?

flabby-abby1973 said...

Actually, I did today. On the door to my bedroom. Really hard right in the middle of the forehead. I still kinda can't believe I did.

Anonymous said...

All Accents: Mostly Hot.

The difference between hillbilly and the long drawl is a certain twangy pronunciation to vowels, I believe. The long drawl, of course, is hotter.

potato said...

British accents: not hot. Southern accents: not hot. Sign language: totally, totally hot. Though not as hot as not speaking at all.

Kathryn said...

speech is hot.