Sunday, September 2, 2007

I am not in Maine anymore


New fantasy: We buy a bunch of abandoned vacation cottages and spend our days kayaking and writing and avoiding the man-dogs and other wildlife.


I haven't showered since Friday. I slept from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. last night (and today). I skinned my face. I think I will write a longer post about Maine later, but I'll tell the face-skinning story in this one:


Echo Lake is beautiful. You can see through the water all the way to the rocky, sharp bottom. Abby hopped from rock to rock; she can be startlingly athletic. I tried to follow suit--except I was wearing flip-flops; also, I am clumsy. The little tree I grabbed to keep me from sliding into the water gave way, and I belly flopped into very shallow water, slamming my face into a small boulder. I passed out a little bit.


Now, I have a gnarly scrape and bruise on my chin and a very sore jaw and neck muscles. I am not dead! Hooray!

P.S. The pictured chupacabra is hotter than Bruce Springsteen and John Mayer combined.

P.P.S (or is it P.S.S.?) I'm glad to be back.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

sarah is back!

in a shocking turn of coincidence my friend eliot just showed me a picture of echo lake last night. he said it is the clearest lake in the world or something like that. algae that need sunlight to live grow at 100 feet below the surface.

i am glad you are not dead. dermacia will cover your bruises.

bruce springsteen is way hotter than a chupacabra.

potato said...

I cannot stand nature. My fantasy is a bar that leads to another bar that leads to another bar in a building in the style of Russian Constructivism, possibly Tatlin's Tower. But if you all move to cottages, I will watch your cats.

Megan said...

the chupacabra is definitely hotter than either of those. bruce springsteen should become an auto mechanic. so should john mayer.

Sky Jack Morgan said...

I am glad you are not dead. That was a scary story made scarier by the brooding presence of the goat sucker.

When came to VL, the words chin, sore neck muscles and jaw popped out at me, and I thought, what kind of website has this become?

Anonymous said...

We have not yet become that desperate, Jack. However, we do have to coordinate of Ladies of Venom Literati calendar soon. Right after the t-shirts. And the secret project.