Thursday, September 6, 2007

*Gulp* He wrote back!

Check out Wayne Koestenbaum's response. I think I have a crush on him now.

Here's Wayne:

Dear Venom--

I think I'll abstain from an actual real-time visit to the sacred space of your blog, but I am totally DELIGHTED by your attentions.

Sorry to have not given Cheryl Crane her due. I wrote both columns at the same time.

Thanks for avoiding articles in your letter. Isn't avoidance fun?

Yours truly,
Wayne

Me again:

I would like to point out that he did not mention the Apartment People doppelganger at all, leading me to believe that it was totally him.

4 comments:

Missy said...

i can't believe he wrote back! and so quickly. he's awesome!

yes, he was quite good at avoiding the whole apartment people issue. suspicious indeed...

Megan said...

whoa, i love him. maybe he worked secretly through apartment people to research hotels...maybe they are hotel-people, too.

more likely he was like: who are these crazy bitches? and who are apartment people?

Anonymous said...

If his next book is called Apartment People, we'll know for sure.

potato said...

I think everyone at Apartment People is straight. Wayne probably works for the North Clybourn Group.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otfS8ulgbk