Monday, September 10, 2007

Everyone on the Internet has a sleep disorder

I was going to flat-out accuse Blake Butler of stealing my hypnopompia for his own nefarious, writerly purposes when Kathy told me of Insomnia Door, but now I love him because it made me exclaim loud and complimentary things such as, "Holy shit, that was a great poem!"

Off topic: I looked up convolute in the dictionary, and I'm still not entirely sure what it means or why.

Vodka gimlets are three parts vodka, one part lime juice. That I understand.

Even more off topic: Bread bowl soup from Camille's is made by the devil. Or of the devil. Either way, ouch.

Back on topic: Read the poem.

4 comments:

BLAKE BUTLER said...

sarah is a kind girl.

hypnopompia is scary.

somehow i missed your post about it. that was a really good post.

thank you for linking me and for making exclamations. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am not kind. I simply tell the truth.

Megan said...

yeah that poem is good. anything with "XXL" in it is good. not that that is its only virtue of course.

flabby-abby1973 said...

sarah often tries to strangle me in her sleep. it is also scary for the spouse. one time i woke up with a perm. she claims she has no recollection but i could smell it on her hands. yeeeii.