Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why doesn't Jessa Crispin love me?


I emailed Jessa Crispin of Bookslut to try to get them to link to my microwave "publish stacey's book" art project but apparently she didn't see my fascinating email in all the millions she probably receives a day. Bookslut reviewed my book, so they are the coolest ever, but still, why Jessa, why? Was it me? Am I not cute enough? That can't even be possible. I am totally, totally cute. It must be my personality again. Curses!

Also, we will be running an interview with Stacey Levine about her awesome new book, The Kidney Problem: tales and stories as soon as Stacey gets back from some event at her work called "the surgery pavillion" (which, yes, does sound like a perfect name for the back room at the Zakopane). Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try gently stalking her. Maybe we should write her a big ol' Venom Literati group letter.

Kathryn said...

olivia cronk knows jessa crispin because she writes for bookslut. we should solicit olivia.

potato said...

You guys I was just kidding. I really don't need everyone to love me. Although we should gently stalk Olivia Cronk. Where is she?

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Must have been projecting.

Kathryn said...

olivia is still in chicago. up there somewhere. brown line. far.

Megan said...

Can we write a book together called the surgery pavillion?

Anonymous said...

Yes. It can be TOP SECRET PROJECT 3.

Tao Lin said...

i emailed jessa my esquire thing and she didn't link that either

potato said...

She probably gets more email than any human could ever read. And out of that email, she probably only reads the ones that have a traditional narrative arc and compelling characters.
Gawker linked you though. Do they love you again? I didn't think Gawker could love anyone except the better looking Olsen twin.