Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Disturbing Phenomenon


I am having this weird experience lately where everything I eat while inside my home tastes the same, or: has the same weird taste attached to it.

I made cookies a couple weeks ago that had this taste. Then today there was some cheese. There are other things, too. There is everything. How these things taste is the same as this smell that is in my house, too.

I can't describe the smell/taste. It's sort of medicine-y. Or detergent-y. But vaguely. It is an innocuous taste/smell, that neither the boyfriend or the kittycat notice.

It did make me think of Stacey Levine. Or, rather, the fact that it's Stacey Levine week made me think of her in relationship to the taste/smell. Maybe because it's Stacey Levine week I am trapped in one of her stories.

I could see her writing this story, only she would write it well, so it would be weird and scary that everything had this same vague smell/taste attached to it. The smell/taste would be so vague one would question the sanity of the narrator. A benign and possibly nonexistent smell that would drive the narrator (ie: me) crazy.

Like how she wrote "Cakes" which is the weirdest and scariest story ever and which I still think is about me.

Stacey, will you write it?

PS: if Wayne doesn't respond, his interview questions automatically go to Stacey. I definitely want to ask Stacey what to do about this taste/smell. Or what she would do about it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had this before. It's sort of like going to a Greek restaurant and knowing that everything is going to taste like that red sauce.

flabby-abby1973 said...

i never believe my sense of smell. sometimes i try to smell something for so long and so hard that i forget how to smell at all. forget about taste! i hate sour. salty is the only thing that does it for me. i just make sarah smell things for me.

flabby-abby1973 said...

i think that the boyfriend and the kitty are poisoning you and not necessarily in that order.

potato said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey Levine said...

Venoms,
It's a fine idea and you could surely write it. It'd be be a good excuse to research olfactory hallucinations, which I'm sure you've always wanted to do. The phenomenon could be related to phone conversations with Mother. I'm really glad yr Venom emissary Meghan contacted me about an interview, which'll happen pretty soon.

Yours sincerely,
Stacey L.

Megan said...

gato is poisoning me for two-timing with eli. i knew it! then he and eli are going to become lovers and fly off to jamaica together.

i also knew my mother was to blame, as she is with everything. thanks stacey! i feel better!

Venom Literati said...

why is that stupid box on my post? when you click on it takes you somewhere weird. i can't figger out how to get rid of it.

Venom Literati said...

I made it better.

Megan said...

thank you, venom. i will drink goat pee and do the caterpillar-sacrifices as payment.

potato said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
potato said...

I love olfactory hallucinations.